Effective Date: January 21, 2019
1. Information Collection
We collect the following information when you use the Site:
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us, including your name, contact information, and payment information. We may also collect information as required by the Federal Election Commission.
Automatically Collected Information:
Information We Collect from Other Sources:
We may, on occasion, collect information, such as voter file data, from outside sources and combine it with information we collect from you.
2. Campaign Purposes and Uses of Information
We may use the information we collect for purposes including to provide, maintain and improve our Site, solicit volunteers, donations and support, communicate with you about the campaign, respond to your requests, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
3. Sharing of Information
We may share information about you with others, including: vendors, volunteers, campaigns, political and other organizations, other participants in a joint fundraising committee, and the Federal Election Commission, as required or permitted by applicable law or legal process.
4. Data Retention
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate campaign purposes.
5. Links to Other Websites
6. Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa.
7. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may allow others to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf across the web and in mobile applications. These entities may collect information about your use of the Site and other websites and applications, including your IP address, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in apps, links clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by CFS and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Site and other websites, and better understand your online activity. For more information about interest-based ads and your opt out choices, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site.
CFS is directed to U.S. residents and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may exercise your choices according to the following:
You may opt out of receiving CFS promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
You may update, correct, and delete certain information you provide to us by emailing us at [email protected]. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate campaign purposes and may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for as long as necessary for our business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies and review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts:
You can deactivate promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (although payment information may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to CFS exceed $200 per election cycle.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
LOG AND USAGE INFORMATION:
We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the webpages you visited before and after navigating to our Site.
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site. For example, we may collect voter file data from state parties and other democratic organizations, from public databases, and from private organizations.
CAMPAIGN PURPOSES AND USES OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices) below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for CFS and for other candidates, campaigns, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of CFS and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, campaigns, political or nonprofit organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups or otherwise assist such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Federal Election Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of CFS, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of CFS;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by third parties to identify you.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate campaign purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory or other compliance obligations.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Site.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
CFS is based in the United States and is directed to U.S. residents. We process and store information in the U.S.. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from CFS by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
You may update and correct certain information you provide to us by logging emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete information we have collected from you, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate campaign purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for as long as necessary for our business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
MOBILE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]egancoleman.com.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how CFS responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. CFS does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Categories of Personal Information Sold and Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We have not sold your personal information in the 12 months preceding the Effective Date of this Policy.
We have not disclosed your personal information for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding the Effective Date of this Policy.
In the future, we may share your personal information with service providers as necessary to perform a campaign business purpose, including fundraising, publicity, sponsorships, ecommerce or other campaign related activities, and in a manner consistent with applicable law. As a non-profit, we are not a “business” subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) that goes into effect on January 1, 2020. Our disclosures to services providers will strive to be consistent, however, with the spirit of the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.135 as of its effective date on January 1, 2020).
PAID FOR BY FRIENDS OF KEGAN COLEMAN
©2019 Coleman for Senate. All rights reserved.
* Mobile alerts from Coleman For Senate. By providing your cell phone number you consent to receive periodic campaign updates from Coleman for Senate. Msg & Data rates may apply.